The Cedarwood Event Team would love to help you plan, design and execute the wedding of your dreams. That’s what we do, and we’re passionate about our work. And for new 2015 Perfect Wedding Package bookings, we have a gift for you: 100 postcards of your choice of one of these three fab, custom renderings of Historic Cedarwood by Designs in Paper. They make great Save the Date cards, cool Favor cards, or expressive thank you cards.
Be sure to check our availability calendar online, and if the Saturday you prefer is taken, consider our personal favorite days, Fridays and Sundays! Keep reading for five reasons Fridays and Sundays are better, and be sure to ask us about the ‘insider secret’ of these days for weddings at Cedarwood!
Contrary to popular belief, Friday or Sunday weddings are preferred by many couples planning a ‘destination’ wedding, or who have a considerable number of guests flying from other cities. Here are five reasons and benefits:
1. You get to offer guests a ‘wedding weekend’ of activities not just one day. A popular weekend itinerary is Friday night wedding, Saturday night downtown dance party, Sunday morning farewell brunch. Since rehearsals are always done at Cedarwood on wedding day arrival, Friday wedding dates allow couples to ‘reverse’ the traditional rehearsal dinner with a fun second gathering on Saturday night.
2. For traditionalists who want a rehearsal dinner or event before the wedding, a Sunday wedding allows this to happen on Saturday. An alternative evening event or a rehearsal brunch saves money and gives guests an opportunity to enjoy the city.
3. Everyone who flies to Nashville will want to experience the local action and appreciate a mini-vacation. It’s a popular town with lots to do. Even guests coming for a Saturday night wedding are inclined to stay over an extra night. Give your guests an excuse for a long weekend and they will love you for it.
4. Having a Friday or Sunday (or weekday) wedding is a natural way to trim your guest list. We feel it is much better to have the wedding of your dreams and fewer guests, than spending your budget on lots of people you may not know that well. Those who really want to be there will be regardless of the day.
5. Other popular vendors are more likely to be available. We feel that couples automatically assume Saturdays are the only day they can consider, but it is much more important to get the vendors, LOCATION, season, setting and style of wedding you want than it is the day of the week.
And the insider secret? Well, just ask us when you take a tour 🙂 We hope to have the opportunity to help make your wedding day magical at one of Nashville’s best wedding venues.
“As you can see the details go on and on, thanks to the amazing Cedarwood Weddings. They truly are not only an amazing wedding venue, but also some of the best florists, event designers and coordinators in all of Tennessee.” –Wedding Chicks
Linda & the Cedarwood Event Team